PHILIPPINE CHARITY SWEEPSTAKES OFFICE
Charity Assistance Department
SPECIAL PROJECTS DIVISION
Radiotherapy Bldg, Lung Center of the Philippines Complex, Quezon Avenue, Quezon City
Tel. Nos. 426-3735; 921-7608
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAM
The program is aimed to benefit nutritionally vulnerable group of children aged 2-6 years old. This is a tripartite agreement amongst the PCSO, the National Dairy Authority (NDA) and the Local Government Unit (LGU). The agency provides the necessary funds while the NDA conducts the procurement of the qualified supplier and implements the program. The LGU is tasked to organize the beneficiaries and to provide support to the NDA in mobilization, implementation and monitoring.
To improve the health and nutritional status of children within the nutritionally vulnerable target age group through the provision of milk in duly-identified sites or areas.
- Pre-schoolers (Community Feeding ). Only malnourished children ages two (2) to six (6) years old
- School children (School-based Milk Feeding).. All Grade One in a class regardless of age and nutritional status
- Letter of Intent
- Sangguniang Barangay/Bayan Panlalawigan Resolution
- Identification of target areas and children beneficiaries:
- Latest OPT (operation Timbang) results/school weighing results;
- Barangay/school ranking in terms of prevalence of malnutrition;
- Validated list of beneficiaries per barangay/school indicating their sex, age, birth date, weights, (use of International Reference Standard) date of weighing and nutritional status;
- Deworming of identified beneficiaries
Note: Per Memorandum dated March 11, 2015 of OAGM Charity Sector.